Notes from the monthly Council meeting, 11th April 2012
Planning: A contractor has been appointed for the affordable housing by the village hall and completion is now expected in February 2013 – some months later than the original planned date.
Applications dealt with at meeting
- The Roost Spring Head Road. Alterations to building including construction of parapet wall to existing garage and re-design of dormer to form enlarged ancillary accommodation. The Parish Council has no objections.
- Coombe Warren Gore Lane. Construction of detached garden building. It was resolved unanimously to respond as follows: The Parish Council has no objections.
- Hunters Croft Charmouth Road. Retention of lake and alterations to field access. It was resolved unanimously to respond as follows: The Parish Council has no objections.
Applications granted/refused by EDDC since last meeting
- Post Office Lyme Road. Demolition of existing single span storey shop unit to facilitate construction of 2 storey residential units. Granted with conditions.
- 24 Barnes Meadow. Fell 2xCupressus leylandii. Granted
- Jasmin Cottage Crogg Lane. Construction of replacement side extension to provide annexe. Granted
- Land To West Of Reservoir Shire Lane. Replacement of 3no. antenna, replacement of one and installation of one additional ground based equipment cabinet. Granted
- Pitt White Mill Lane. T1 – Horse Chestnut: Fell. Refused
Readers can look at www.uplymeparishcouncil.org for full details of these decisions, which are published in the Minutes section after approval by the Council, and minutes are also displayed on the PC noticeboards.
Playground: the Council has had approval of a grant from C Cllr Knight’s funds, to add to its own contribution, for a toddler slide. Once the much-delayed drainage works are finally completed, the new slide can be ordered and installed.
Annual Parish Meeting: this has been moved from the planned date of Wednesday 18th April, and will now immediately precede the regular May meeting of the Council on Wednesday May 9th. Notices will be posted on the boards giving details.
Lois Wakeman, Parish Clerk 01297 444707; email@example.com
Horseman’s Hill Barn, Gore Lane, Uplyme, DT7 3RJ