Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 17 January 2011, in the Peek Hall, Rousdon, at 7.30 p.m.
Present: Mr J Bolton, Mr M Stride, Mr R Jones (Chairman), Mr S Harper, Mrs M Jones, Mr B Moore, Mr K Salter, Cllr J Knight, Cllr I Thomas, PC M McGauley, clerk, one member of the public
1. Police Report – There were three crimes in the parish in 2010 (40% reduction on the previous year. From the end of May, Honiton will be the only local police station open to the public. Cutbacks also mean that there will only be one Community Support Officer (Mike McGauley).
2. Presentation of Parishcapes Map and Bio-Diveristy Audit – Pete Youngman from the East Devon AONB Partnership presented the canvas framed tithe map (to be erected at some stage in the Peek Hall and probably to be glass-framed). He also presented the Bio-Diversity Audit Report and gave a short presentation about the work of the AONB.
3. Apologies – received from Martin Platts.
4. County Councillor’s Report – there had been an increase in the number of people claiming Jobseekers Allowance in Devon and Cornwall as opposed to a decrease across the UK. Councillors will have access to a new £2.4 million Community Fund to enable them to champion their local communities, providing start-up money for projects across the County – giving each councillor £25,000. Reductions in the local economy are expected to be higher than formerly stated – the budget will be some £50m down.
5. District Councillor’s Report – Parish Council minutes and agendas can now be found on the www.trinitymatters.co.uk website, also update on the Broadband situation. Mention of the modification of the Local Development Framework – number of planned houses much reduced.
6. Minutes – the minutes of the last meeting (Nov 2010) having been circularised, were signed as a correct record by the Chairman.
7. Matters Arising: potholes question still ongoing – it was decided to ask for extra grit bins for next winter.
8. Planning Applications:
• App no 10/2331/LBC – 3 The Gardens, Rousdon – Re-roof in Clay tiles – there were no objections to this applicaton
• East Lodge South, Rousdon – an appeal against enforcement had been dismissed by the Planing Inspectorate – the original permission had to be followed – details on file.
9. Precept for 2011/12 – After some discussion it was decided to precept for £2,750 – this would allow for possible election expenses and contribution to the work on the hall windows. It was decided not to increase salaries or grants in view of the current general financial situation.
10. Correspondence – various leaflets, periodicals, etc., including a request to hold a Poppy Party for the British Legion’s anniversary – in line with the Council’s policy for not using Community Chargepayers’ money to support charities, it was decided not to take this on.
11. Next meeting – 14 March – Annual Parish Meeting at 7.30, followed by Parish Council Meeting.
The meeting finished at about 9.10 p.m.