At the Full Council Meeting on 23rd February 2011, EDDC members agreed Council Tax Levels, Council Revenue and Capital Budgets for the Financial Year 2011-12.
Highlights of the Budget Include:
1. Central Government Settlement – reduction in grant income of 28% over 4 years, most savings in the next two years.
2. Council Tax maintained at current level – Lowest in Devon and 16th lowest in Country. Giving a Band D level of £121.78.
This would be the basic amount chargeable for any property in East Devon where no additional changes apply.
In taking this action EDDC will receive approximately £174K from Central Government, the equivalent of the additional revenue which would have been collected had EDDC imposed a 2.5% rise in Council Tax for 2011/12 over 2010/11.
With the addition of Parish Council Precepts, this gives Council Tax rates for each of the Trinity Parishes as detailed below;
|Parish||Band A||Band B||Band C||Band D||Band E||Band F||Band G||Band H||Parish Precept|
|£||£||£||£||£||£||£||£||(Included in prev. col’s)|
3. Total to be collected by EDDC on behalf of Devon County Council, Devon & Cornwall Police Authority, Devon & Somerset Fire and Rescue Authorty as well as that due to EDDC and Town/Parish Councils;
|Parish||Band A||Band B||Band C||Band D||Band E||Band F||Band G||Band H|
4. Net Revenue General Fund approved at £13.471Million. This figure includes £217K contingency to recognise temporary commitments necessary to take account of Asset Management and possible implications of the Localism Bill (recently received a second reading in the House of Commons).
5, Capital Budget approved at £4.672Million. This includes £20K for Data Loss Prevention Software.
6. Council House rentals increased by 6.8% in line with Government Social Rent Reform Guideline, from April 2011.
7. Council Garage Rents increased by 10% from April 2011.
8. The Council has taken No Account of possible funds to be receivable under the New Homes Bonus.
EDDC set a ‘balanced budget’ for both the General Fund and Housing Revenue Account in setting Council Tax levels for 2011/12.