Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held in the Peek Hall, Rousdon, on 19 March 2012, starting at 8.15 p.m. (following Annual Parish Meeting)
Present: Martin Platts (Chairman), Simon Harper, Mary Jones, Allister Kemp, Michael Stride, Kevin Salter, no members of the public.
1. Apologies were received from Roy Jones, Bill Moore and Judith Ellard.
2 & 3 There were no District or County Council reports.
4. There was no Police Report – the police will probably not be able to attend further parish council meetings, because of cutbacks, time constraints, etc. – local community officers would still be available on e-mail (details in noticeboards) and on tel no 101 for non-emergency calls.
5. Minutes – the minutes of the last meeting, having been circularised, were signed as a correct record by the Chairman.
6. Matters Arising:
– No one had come forward to replace Graham Jones as editor of the Parish Magazine – the June edition would be the last one unless a new editor was found.
– 1 Peek Mead – there was still concern over the size of the new extension here and it was agreed that the Clerk would ask the Enforcement Officer to look into this.
– Kevin Salter was the new Snow Warden and grit bins had been delivered, with one in the wrong place (outside Bridge Cottage, i.e. wrong end of Lydyates Lane) – clerk was looking into having this moved.
7. Planning Applications:
– Application no 12/0632/FUL – The Bungalow, Rousdon, Lyme Regis
There were no objections to this application, providing that correct notices are posted and close neighbours have been informed in time to comment if they wish.
– Application no 12/0540/TCA – Cloudy Bay, Rousdon – work on various trees
Whilst the Parish Council does not object to the work being done on the trees which have become unstable, it was felt that the Tree Officer should revisit the site to ascertain the necessity of the rest of the work.
Planning meeting held on 30 January –
Application no 12/0168/LBC – Peek Hall, Rousdon – porch – The Parish Council declared an interest in this application as applicants and as beeing closely involved, so could make not comment.
Application 12/0027/LBC The Forge, Rousdon – amendments – there were no objections to this
8. Payments: Cheques were signed for the following (proposed by Mary Jones, seconded by Martin Platts)
Clerk’s Salary £683.15
Clerk’s Expenses £52.00
War Memorial Grasscutting £12.50
Bus Shelter Caretaking £52.19
Grant to Parochial Church Council £128.40
Peek Hall Grant £100.00
Peek Hall Rental 2011-2012 £63.00
DAPC membership, Village Green, etc £65.29
9. Correspondence, various – NHS trustee membership, Village Green, etc.
10. Date for next Meeting –
Monday, 21 May 2012, at 8.00 p.m. – Annual Parish Council Meeting.
Other Business –
– Cats’ eyes on Trinity Hill – were to have been replaced, cleaned – clerk would look into this.
– A First Aid course had been arranged for Tuesday, 17 April at 7.30 p.m., with a follow-up on Tuesday, 24 April. Mary Jones is the contact for this.
The meeting closed at 9.45 p.m.