Calling all Uplyme residents!
Are you looking for affordable rented accommodation in the village, or do you have family or friends who are?
Guinness Trust is building eight affordable houses in the centre of Uplyme, just next to the Village Hall. These are made up of:
- four, 2-bed, 4 person homes (two double bedrooms),
- three, 3-bed, 5 person homes (two double bedrooms and one single bedroom),
- and one, 4-bed, 6 person home (two double bedrooms and two single bedrooms).
Construction is now underway, and the currently expected completion date is July 2013. The expected rents will be confirmed close to completion.
The housing is intended for people with genuine local connections, so you will need to demonstrate one of the following:
- have been resident in the parish for at least 3 years
- have been a dependant of a resident of the parish for at least 3 years
- have been employed in the parish for at least 3 years
- have close local or family connections with the parish
If you can demonstrate a local connection you will be able to apply for this housing whatever your housing band on Devon Home Choice.
In order to apply for these homes you will also need to be registered with Devon Home Choice. So, if you want to be considered for these rented houses, it’s very important for to make sure your Devon Home Choice registration is up-to-date (call 01395 517469, visit www.devonhomechoice.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org).