A Meeting of Axmouth Parish Council was held at the Village Hall on Wednesday, 20th April starting at 7.30pm
Cllr Carol Rapley (Chairman) Cllr Crescy Cannan, Cllr Bernard Dunford
Cllr Dennis Hall Cllr Alan Harrison Cllr Irene Harrison
Cllr Ken Steven Cllr Morag Steven Cllr Ian Thomas (EDDC)
Cllr Jim Knight (DCC)
Carol Miltenburg (Clerk & Secretary)
The Councillors are summoned to discuss the following business.
1. Apologies were received and acknowledged from Cllr Britton and PC Steve Speariett.
2. The Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 16th March were amended Item 3 (Ward Officers Report) the common assault was in the Harbour Inn not the harbour area and Item 6 (Parish Plan) the footpaths will be overseen by the Axmouth PC Traffic & Transport Group not the Seaton Traffic Group. The amendments were approved by the Council and the minutes were signed. The minutes of the meeting of 23rd March 2011 were approved and signed.
3. Ward Officers Report
PC Speariett was unable to attend but e mailed his report. There had been 4 crimes since February – 2 cases of theft from motor vehicles at the lay-by at Squires Lane, 1 common assault at the Harbour Inn and the theft of a motor vehicle at Pound Hill. PC Speariett also apologised for being unable to attend the Annual Parish Meeting.
4. Public Forum – no members of the public were present.
5. Seaton Redevelopment
The dates for the road closure have been put back by 1 week. Cllr Dunford advised the last shipment of fill was due on or about April 28th and commented on how quickly work had progressed.
6. Parish Plan / S106 project
The footpath group will be meeting shortly and will report to the Council in July. Cllr Cannan will be liaising with EDDC to confirm when the Parish Plan report will be formerly adopted by them.
The Clerk is to chase SWW for an answer to our previous letter and chaser. The Clerk advised she had received an answer from Sulina Tulloch (EDDC) on the status of the S106 monies for the Coombe Orchard development and would confirm advise details shortly.
7. Local Elections & Councillors Reports
The Clerk confirmed that there would be no election for the Parish Council and 2 new candidates Mrs Emily McIvor and Mr Keith Lawes had put their names forward to fill the vacancies.
Cllr Ian Thomas reported that in view of the local elections he had little to update above his report at the Annual Parish Meeting.
Cllr Jim Knight gave his report . He thanked the Council and village for the welcome he has received in his term as County Councillor. Cllr Knight outlined the committees her serves on at DCC and commented on the budget set by the County Council. He then answered a number of questions on the routing of HGV’s and proposed weight limit through Axmouth and the recent decision of the HATOC committee. He advised that the Seaton Coastal Traffic Group will still be operation but that the replacement of Paul Wilson (DCC, Highways) had not yet been decided. He also confirmed that Brian Hoare would be taking over as our DCC Highways engineer from May.
a) To consider new planning applications. None received.
b) Correspondence concerning planning matters.
Fields adjacent to Newhaye Farm, Rousden (11/F057). The Council have received a copy of a letter from EDDC Planning Enforcement concerning the untidy nature of this site. Clerk to contact EDDC.
The Clerk to contact the EDDC enforcement office to advise that the tea rooms at Bruckland Farm fall within Axmouth Parish not Musbury.
The Council discussed their response for the CEMP consultation. They supported the views already put forward by Cllr Thomas. It was felt that the response should clarify errors in the EDDC consultation document. The Clerk will compose a response and circulate for comments before forwarding to EDDC.
The Council noted the original mitigation measures proposed for Axmouth seem to have been forgotten. It was felt that Axmouth has suffered heavily for the incompetence of the DCC Highways department in designating the Axmouth route as the most suitable. The Council agreed to keep pushing for mitigation measures in the Lower Axe Valley. The Council felt that the best measure at present is to push for a continuous footpath from Pound Hill to Coronation Corner to link to the Estuary side footpath. It was agreed that the Council would promote this and the Axe Valley Canoe Club projects in its bid for the DCC area grant. The Clerk is to investigate other sources of funding and ask Brian Hoare to look at the site and advise costs.
Lower Axe Valley traffic mitigation
The discussion document produced by Cllr A Harrison was given to Cllr Knight who will advise the Council who the responsible DCC officer and will also try to clarify the consultation processes, obtain a project plan chart and a definition of the whole scope of the review.
10. Financial Matters
a) The financial statement was received and approved. Cllr Hall proposed that the carryover of approximately £2,200 be approved by the Council, Cllr M Steven seconded.
b) Any cheques required
Devon Assn of Local Councils £109.01 Annual subscription
Axmouth Village Hall £11.25 Hall hire
C Miltenburg £873.77 Clerks salary & expenses
c) Payment received – Precept £3150.00
d) Annual Audit. The Clerk advised that the Audit would be ready for approval and signing at the May meeting.
11. To accept any relevant correspondence.
Senior Council of Devon – newsletter
Mr A Ayres – letter concerning condition of local benches etc. Clerk to reply.
Macmillan Cancer Support – letter
Mr D Campbell – letter re SW Coastal path. Noted.
12. Date of next meeting Wednesday, 18th May, 2011.
The meeting finished at 9.25pm with the Chairman making a presentation of an engraved decanter and wine to Cllr Hall and crystal glasses and champagne to Cllr Dunford to mark their last meeting as Councillors. The Chairman thanked them for all their work on behalf of the Council and village of Axmouth.